Most students bring an AR-10 (7.62 / 308 round) or AR-15 (5.56 / 223 round). Upon completion you should be able to quickly strike center hits form a variety of shooting positions at ranges out to 100 yards.
We emphasize safety and the Range Rules during all training phases. Participants must not be a prohibited person as described on ATF Form 4473 and must sign a Release and Waiver. If you are interested in participating in the Tactical Rifle Course, please complete the preliminary REGISTRATION FORM HERE, or call our registration office, 208-401-9300. Once we have 7 preliminary registrations, we will arrange a mutually acceptable training date. Tuition is $350 per participant paid when you finalize your reservation.
Firing Range Drills:
Firing range drills include zeroing, loading and unloading, carry positions, ready positions, shooting stance, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger control; rapid assumption of kneeling and prone positions, and target engagement from 3 to 100 yards under time pressure.
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:
- Your rifle must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications, such as a “hair” trigger of less than 4 pounds, or removed trigger guard, etc.
- Your rifle’s caliber must be a round of at least 5.56 mm / .223 cal, or larger and have an attached sling.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory.
- Elbow and knee pads are strongly recommended
- Some type of magazine pouch on the belt is also recommended
- Bring a minimum of 100 rounds of NEW ammunition of the correct caliber in the original boxes.
- 16 years old, as long as parent or guardian are on site at the range.
- Unattended minors are not allowed on the range. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian and under control.