Recently one of my colleagues and WealthCounsel attorneys, Alexandria Kincaid, published a short e-Book that every gun owner should download. It is FREE and it has some good information about the use of deadly force.
What I found from reading it is how much most gun owners don’t really know about what happens when they pull the trigger. It isn’t easy to do but after you have done it, your life could potentially change forever. So before this happens to you or anyone you know please read these 10 things.
You can download the e-Book for free on her site, 3G Law, just be clicking on the book in the right hand column. I would encourage you to read it, share it with every gun owner you know, and discuss it. I will be blogging about many of these 10 items in the future and discussing them in more detail. I would encourage you to leave a comment on this post and let me know what you think.
Here are the 10 items Alexandria identified as what every gun owner must know…
- There is never a good reason to brandish your firearm.
- There is never a good reason to fire a warning shot.
- You are ALWAYS responsible for your firearm.
- If you own a self-defense firearm, you need to be mentally prepared to kill another person.
- Just because someone is in your house does not mean you can use deadly force to defend yourself.
- A stand your ground law allows gun owners to use deadly force rather than turn and run.
- If you keep a firearm for self-defense, you can never have too much training.
- You need to use the same ammunition as the cops and understand why.
- If you use your firearm in self-defense, YOU ARE THE VICTIM.
- You are the primary scene manager – it is your job to preserve evidence and witnesses.
There you have it…10 essential items every gun owner must know. What do you think? Do you agree? What would you add to the list? Tell me your thoughts and opinions…leave a comment.